Type 2 diabetes in children on the rise

2 October 2016 Last updated at 00:55 BST

16 years ago there had never been a single case of a child being diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes in the UK. Now there are more than 500 cases of children who have been diagnosed with Type 2 in the UK – and the number is rising alarmingly fast.

BBC Panorama met 18-year-old Sarah, who was diagnosed when she was 10, and 15-year-old Ameer, diagnosed at 13, to find out about their lives with diabetes. BBC Panorama – Diabetes: The Hidden Killer is broadcast on BBC One on Monday 3 October at 8.30 BST. Catch up later on iPlayer For more of these stories Like, Comment and Share on Facebook

3 thoughts on “Type 2 diabetes in children on the rise

• January 30, 2018 at 11:48 pm

I want to get across my gratitude for your kindness in support of all those that should have guidance on the area. Your personal dedication to passing the message around has been exceptionally significant and has really permitted individuals just like me to achieve their endeavors. Your own informative guidelines entails much a person like me and especially to my peers. Regards; from everyone of us.

• January 29, 2018 at 8:49 pm

My husband and i have been so fortunate when Chris managed to finish off his investigation using the ideas he was given when using the web pages. It is now and again perplexing to simply possibly be handing out facts others could have been selling. And we discover we have the writer to give thanks to for this. All of the illustrations you made, the easy web site menu, the friendships you can make it easier to create – it’s got mostly powerful, and it’s really leading our son and us believe that that subject matter is amusing, which is certainly extraordinarily mandatory. Thanks for the whole thing!

• January 26, 2018 at 9:36 am

I enjoy you because of all your valuable hard work on this website. My aunt take interest in engaging in investigations and it’s simple to grasp why. I learn all regarding the lively mode you create very useful strategies through the web site and therefore inspire participation from visitors on this theme then our own princess has always been starting to learn a whole lot. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the new year. You’re the one carrying out a brilliant job.